What is this document?
Why should I read it?
The website www.MonkMed.com is owned, hosted and maintained by MonkMed
MonkMed acts a platform for healthcare service providers (Participating Medical Professionals/Organizations ) to showcase the benefits offered by them. www.MonkMed.com merely facilitates the interaction between users/customers and Participating Medical Professionals/Organizations. MonkMed does not validate, concur, corroborate, approve, accept or recommend any information or content posted, discussed or exchanged between the Participating Medical Professionals/Organizations and shall not be responsibility much less liable for the same.
MONKMED IS NOT FOR PRIMARY MEDICAL CARE
MonkMed services as available to and appropriate for virtual consults, diagnosis and prescriptions are available. MonkMed is for travellers or busy people who want to stay in touch with a Licensed Doctor using email phone or videoconferencing collectively called ‘Virtual Consults’ for the primary purpose of general well being & preventive care. MonkMed is not a substitute for: health insurance, a primary care doctor, or in-person health care interactions. You agree not to use MonkMed as a substitute for health insurance or a primary care doctor or in- person doctor visits. You understand and agree that prescriptions on MonkMed are limited in type and duration, and you agree not to use MonkMed to request prescriptions for any medications or for any duration not permitted via MonkMed.
We May Update this Agreement
Consent to Terms and Policies
We make no representation that all products, Content or Services described on or available through MonkMed are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the India or all locations within India. Registered Users and Visitors access our Content and Services on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. We make no claim that Content or Services are appropriate or may be downloaded outside of the India. Personal information ("Information") that is submitted to MonkMed will be collected, processed, stored, disclosed and disposed of in accordance with applicable Indian law and our Privacy Statement .If you are a non-Indian member, you acknowledge and agree that MonkMed may collect and use your Information and disclose it to other entities outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, such Information may be stored on servers located outside your resident jurisdiction. Indian law may not provide the degree of protection for Information that is available in other countries. By providing us with your Information, you acknowledge that you consent to the transfer of such Information outside your resident jurisdiction as detailed in these Terms and our Privacy Statement. If you do not consent to such transfer, you may not use our Content or Services. The product information provided on MonkMed is intended only for residents of India, and may have different product labeling and disclosure requirements in different countries.
Availing the benefits:
Offers and benefits can be availed on satisfying and complying with the specific Terms & Conditions applicable to such offers and/or benefit and provided on the specific website. The customers may be required to register as users to avail some of the offers and benefits. You are requested to read the Terms & Conditions before registering for any offers and benefits. Content on the website can be used in satisfying the Terms & Conditions applicable, if any.
MonkMed reserves the right to charge fees for facilitating the interaction between the customer and the Participating Medical Professional/Organization and the fees may differ from time to time.
Limited Liability: Any transaction relating to availing of the services and/or products of the Participating Medical Professionals/Organizations is settled inter-se between the customers and Participating Medical Professionals/Organizations and all warranties express or implied of any kind, regarding any matter pertaining thereto, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement are disclaimed by MonkMed. Each Participating Medical Professional /Organization is solely responsible for his/her offers, benefits and services provided and MonkMed does not in any manner recommend or advocates the authenticity of the respective Participating Medical Professional /Organization. There exists no employer employee relationship between the Participating Medical Professionals/Organizations and MonkMed. MonkMed does not assume and shall not be liable or responsible for any act, omission, deficiency, negligence on the part of the Participating Medical Professional/Organization. Notwithstanding the above, MonkMed., its directors, promoters, employees or any of its agent or assignee shall not assume any responsibility or liability for any inconvenience caused or loss suffered by the customer/user/subscriber on account of technical problems pertaining to the use of the portal.
MonkMed. or any of its agent, servant or assigns shall not be liable for any direct or indirect, willful or otherwise, act or omission that can be attributed to the services of Participating Medical Professionals/Organizations, nor will MonkMed or any of its agent, servant or assigns have any liability whatsoever in case any third party claims, demands, suit, actions, or other proceedings are initiated against the Participating Medical Professionals/Organizations or any of its personnel or any other person engaged by the participating medical professionals in the course of performance of his services. MonkMed is only a platform that contains information about health, healthcare and the listing of Participating Medical Professionals/Organizations. It is solely the choice of the user to visit, subscribe or avail the services provided by the Participating Medical Professionals/Organizations and MonkMed or any of its employees, agent or assigns shall not be held responsible for any negligence, deficiency of service, damage caused by the respective Participating Medical Professionals/Organizations.
MonkMed or any employee, agent or assignee involved in creating, producing, or delivering the www.MonkMed.com website will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, however caused, arising out of your access to, use of, or reliance on the www.MonkMed.com website. Without limiting the foregoing, MonkMed assumes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for any damages relating to or caused by any viruses which may affect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or downloading from, the www.MonkMed.com website. MonkMed cannot and does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the www.MonkMed.com website.
Content & Information - Terms & Conditions
- The website www.MonkMed.com is owned, hosted and maintained by MonkMed ( MonkMed ). The content provided on the portal www.MonkMed.com is for informational purposes only and should not be substituted for expert advice provided by a qualified medical professional.
- Though MonkMed adopts a meticulous process and makes reasonable efforts to collect such content, information, data, graphics, images, reports, text on ailments, diseases, their symptoms, causes, medication, drugs, cures, commonly used treatments and/or therapies, lifestyle corrective measures, follow up actions, precautions etc., any content on this website and particularly any such content relating to medical conditions and their treatment is solely for general informational purposes and is not intended as, shall not operate nor be construed to be, and is no substitute for the advise provided by a qualified and practicing expert medical professional.
- The information provided on this website is neither exhaustive nor detailed and you will require to consult an expert medical professional to treat a symptom, ailment, medical condition, as the case may be. You are advised not to rely solely on the content provided on this website and not to indulge in self-medication on the basis of the content made available on this website.
- All Information on this website is only presented to aid Your broad understanding and knowledge, subject to Your own physician (or, if You are a qualified medical professional, subject to Yours) providing appropriate critical professional evaluation of the accuracy, completeness, medical viability, currency, and relevance of such opinions, content and information. Accordingly, You acknowledge that such opinions and information are not, and You warrant and represent that you will not under any circumstances construe or consider such opinions or information to be, professional medical advice or instruction, or to be used in any manner as a substitute for consultation and treatment by a qualified medical professional.
- The information about drugs if any contained within this website is general in nature and is intended for use as an educational aid only. It does not cover all possible uses, actions, precautions, side effects or interactions of these medicines, nor is the information intended as medical advice for individual problems or for making an evaluation as to the risks and benefits of taking a particular drug. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for you or any given patient. The entire monograph for a drug should be reviewed for a thorough understanding of the drug's actions, uses and side effects.
- The website MonkMed provides hyperlinks to other websites and to those of the advertisers on the website (Third Party Website). This shall not mean or construe to be a recommendation or representation to view those websites. The Customer/user undertakes that by clicking the hyperlink to Third Party Website he/she shall be directed to such Third Party Website and the same shall be at his/her own will. MonkMed does not represent or warrant as to the correctness or the genuineness of the information and content present in such Third Party Website.
- By accepting this terms and conditions You agree represent and warrant not to use this information as a substitute for evaluating, self-diagnosing, managing or treating a health or fitness problem, condition or disease and that and that you will instead always consult and rely upon the advice your own qualified physician and medical advisors respecting evaluation, diagnosis, management or treatment of any such condition or disease.
If you suspect that you have a medical problem or condition, please contact a qualified health care professional immediately. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or call for emergency medical help immediately.
- MonkMed assumes no and disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any errors, omissions, discrepancy, inadequacy in the content of this website. MonkMed have not monitored or reviewed, nor does it make a practice of monitoring or reviewing, all of the sites that may be linked to its websites, and MonkMed assumes no liability and disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for or resulting or arising in any manner from the content of any off-site, linked pages or any other sites linked to this website, or for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any information contained therein. You agree that your linking to any off-site pages is at your own risk.
- You agree to assume all responsibility in connection with choosing any healthcare provider, whether or not you obtained information about such healthcare provider through MonkMed. MonkMed disclaims all responsibility and liability arising from your use of or reliance on the website, content or the information contained therein as a reference source, and assumes no responsibility or liability for any claims that may result directly or indirectly from any advice, treatment, or services rendered by any healthcare provider featured on the website, including but not limited to malpractice, negligence and deficiency in service claims. MonkMed does not personally recommend or endorse any specific tests, participating medical professionals/healthcare organizations, physicians, products, techniques, drugs, treatments, medications, articles, abstracts, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned or discussed on any of its website or links. Reliance on any information provided by MonkMed and its employees, others appearing on the website at the invitation of MonkMed, or other visitors to the website is solely at your own risk. You acknowledge and agree that your sole and exclusive remedy for dissatisfaction with this health information is to stop using the service.
Disclaimer on Support Groups:
- The website acts as a platform for individuals to interact and discuss the symptoms, causes and cures available for the ailments. You may establish a support group to discuss and share your experiences, knowledge and learning on healthcare needs, treatments available, precautions to be taken, side effects of medicines etc. MonkMed may provide at its discretion general information and relevant content related to ailments, symptoms, causes and cures and give a list of Participating Medical Professionals/ Organizations providing treatments for such ailments. Any reference made by MonkMed in this web site to any company or any other entity, or to their services or products, is not a recommendation or endorsement nor should it imply any such endorsement of the quality or fitness of purpose of that company or entity, or its services or products. You are informed that all information and content on this website is for your knowledge and information and should not be substituted for any medical advice.
- You are advised that medical treatment is a specialized field and can be offered only by physicians, doctors, specialists and/or any other health care providers licensed for carrying such activity. You are requested not to substitute any information and knowledge shared and/or content provided on the Support Groups for medical advice. You should consult your physician, doctor, specialist or any healthcare provider with any questions about your health, treatment or care. The information displayed herein is provided in good faith, but we make no guarantees about the completeness, accuracy, timeliness, availability, accessibility, merchantability, or fitness for any particular purpose of any of the information. All content on this website is the Intellectual Property of MonkMed and any use or reproduction of the content(s) or material(s) from this website for any purpose not expressly permitted, is prohibited. MonkMed shall not be responsible for any reproduction or usage of the content by a third party for any purpose whatsoever. MonkMed reserves the right to change, modify, alter or amend the Terms and Conditions stipulated herein at any point of time.
- You are requested to check the website for any Changes and latest updates and comply with the terms and conditions. MonkMed disclaims all liability and responsibility for any loss, damage, or inconveniences whatsoever or howsoever suffered, directly or indirectly by any person/user as a result of their use of this web site and of any information and contact details supplied. Any person proposing to use or rely on any of the contact details should first satisfy themselves of the completeness and accuracy of those contact details and any other information displayed with or in relation to them on this web site. Any access of this web site by the user is entirely at the user own risk and the Bio-Medicine shall not be responsible for the propagation of computer worms or viruses transmitted from the site.
Changes & User Agreement:
MonkMed reserves the right to modify, alter, suspend, cancel or discontinue any or all of the content, offers and/or Health Care Savings and Benefits listed on this webpage at any time without prior notice. All Changes will be posted on https://www.MonkMed.com from time to time for your reference and convenience. MonkMed reserves the right to change, modify, alter or amend the Terms and Conditions stipulated herein at any point of time. You are requested to check the website for any Changes and latest updates and comply with the terms and conditions. Your use of this website after any amendment to the Terms and/or Offers shall constitute your acceptance of these terms and you also agree to be bound by any such changes/revisions. If you do not agree to all of the Terms and Conditions of use, do not use this site and do not register for the cost benefits, services and facilities offered on this portal Use of Content: Use or reproduction of the content(s) or material(s) from the www.MonkMed.com website for any purpose not expressly permitted, is prohibited. MonkMed shall not be responsible for any reproduction or usage of the content by a third party for any purpose whatsoever. Doctor & Healthcare Providers.
Organizations Use of Personal Information:
The information such as Name, contact details, clinic details, etc. are provided by the doctors out of their free will and consent and MonkMed does not represent as to accuracy, correctness of the same. The doctors acknowledge that the details furnished by them may be available to everyone and the doctors may receive emails (spam) calls etc., which are not connected to MonkMed and undertake that they shall not hold responsible or liable MonkMed responsible or liable for the same.
The doctors shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their passwords to access www.MonkMed.com. Accordingly, the doctors agree that they shall be solely responsible for all the activities that occur under your account. The doctors shall immediately upon knowledge of the unauthorized use of the password or their account inform MonkMed regarding the same.
The doctors shall enter the patient information on the website www.MonkMed.com and doctors shall ensure that the information on the website www.MonkMed.com shall be kept safe and secured. The doctor shall take all responsibility for any loss or unauthorized use of the patient information. No Liability: Without prejudice to the aforesaid, at all times and under any circumstances the MonkMed. Or any of its employee, agent or assignee shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused to the registered user by using this website or any service of the Participating Medical Professional/Organization listed on this website. Notwithstanding the above, MonkMed., its directors, promoters, employees or any of its agent or assignee shall not assume any responsibility or liability for any inconvenience caused or loss suffered by the registered user on account of any technical problems such as internet connectivity failure or dishonor of the cost benefits offers by and at the premises of the Participating Medical Professionals/ Organizations.
MonkMed. Or any of its agent, servant or assigns shall not be liable for any direct or indirect, willful or otherwise, act or omission that can be attributed to the services of Participating Medical Professionals/ Organizations, nor will be MonkMed. Or any of its agent, servant or assigns have any liability whatsoever in case any third party claims, demands, suit, actions, or other proceedings are initiated against the Participating Medical Professionals/ Organizations or any of its personnel or any other person engaged by the participating medical professionals in the course of the performance of his services. MonkMed. or any of its employees, agent or assignees shall not be held responsible for any negligence, deficiency of service, damage caused by the respective Participating Medical Professionals/ Organizations MonkMed is only a platform that contains information about health, listing of Participating Medical Professionals/Organizations, healthcare and listing of cost benefits offers by the Participating Medical Professionals/ Organizations. No corporate entity recommends or endorses the MonkMed platform/portal and/or the offers available on the said platform.
It is solely and exclusively the choice of the user to visit the portal, register and avail the cost benefit offers listed by the Participating Medical Professionals/ Organizations on the portal and no registered user shall hold any corporate entity liable for recommending or endorsing the MonkMed portal. Use or reproduction of the content(s) or material(s) from the MonkMed website for any purpose not expressly permitted, is prohibited. MonkMed. or any employee, agent or assignee involved in creating, producing, or delivering the www.MonkMed.com portal will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, however caused, arising out of your access to, use of, or reliance on the www.MonkMed.com portal . Without limiting the foregoing, MonkMed assumes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for any damages relating to or caused by any viruses which may affect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or downloading from, the www.MonkMed.com portal. MonkMed cannot and does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the www.MonkMed.com portal.
MonkMed reserves the right to revise, change and update the Terms and Conditions specified on this website at any time. Your continued usage of www.MonkMed.com portal will mean you accept those changes. By using this site, you signify your assent to the Terms and Conditions mentioned herein above. If you do not agree to all of the Terms and Conditions of use, do not use this site and do not register for the cost benefits, services and facilities offered on this portal.
All differences, disputes etc., pertaining to the use of this website www.MonkMed.com or any terms and conditions relating to the website www.MonkMed.com shall be resolved by arbitration in terms of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 (Act). The arbitration shall be conducted by a sole arbitrator appointed in terms of the Act and the venue of arbitration shall be Bangalore.
Without prejudice to anything contained here in above, all differences, disputes etc., pertaining to the use of this website www.MonkMed.com or any terms and conditions relating to the website www.MonkMed.com shall be subject to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts at Bangalore, India.
The following terms apply to your use of MonkMed and live virtual consults performed by video or audio or asynchronous inbox consults (collectively, "Virtual Consults"). By using MonkMed you represent that you understand and agree to all of the following:
Understandings, Agreements and Representations
You represent and warrant to MonkMed that you have a primary care physician.
You understand and agree that only minor non-emergency medical services are provided with respect to Virtual Consults.
You agree to seek emergency help when needed, and continue to consult with other physicians as recommended by doctors on MonkMed and by your primary care physician.
You understand that if your medical condition warrants emergency help, you will be directed to the nearest local hospital emergency department or emergency room.
You understand that the services offered by MonkMed, Inc. are not health insurance, are not a substitute for health insurance, and you agree not to use such services as health insurance. MonkMed Concierge is designed for use independent of health insurance as an out-of-pocket cost service and that associated fees may not qualify for insurance or similar reimbursement.
MonkMed is the provider of certain administrative and technical services to doctors using the services and does not provide professional medical services.
MonkMed agrees to refund you the cost of your virtual consult performed by video or audio in the event that a documented technical failure, which is the responsibility of MonkMed (and not your own technical or connectivity limitations) prevented the completion of the consult. (Satisfaction Guarantee does not apply to asynchronous inbox consults.) This guarantee is subject to your submission to MonkMed of documentation supporting your request for a refund. All determinations of refund eligibility are made solely by MonkMed and are final once MonkMed reaches its decision.
You agree that prescriptions in Virtual Consults may be limited and may not include:
- Prescriptions for narcotics or controlled substances
- Prescriptions for medications that are restricted by states
- Prescriptions for medications for psychiatric illnesses
- Prescriptions for lifestyle medications such as erectile dysfunction or diet drugs.
MonkMed Services are technology platforms, not doctors, and do not practice medicine and do not participate in or interfere with the practice of medicine by doctors on MonkMed each of whom is responsible for his or her services and compliance with the requirements applicable to his or her profession and license.
MonkMed collects information for the purposes of providing the Premium Services (including virtual consults), marketing and promoting our Services and Premium Services to you, and for market research data.
You understand and agree Virtual Consults involve the communication of your medical information to physicians and other health care practitioners located in other parts of the state/jurisdiction or outside of the state/jurisdiction.
You also understand and agree that by using MonkMed that we may automatically send your own personal health information and related reminders to you and you opt into receiving this information by email, mobile notification, or using other contact information provided by you in your account settings. You may opt out of receiving any such communication via email or mobile notification at any time through your account settings. If you prefer not to receive or do not consent to the receipt of personal health information by email or mobile notification, you agree to update your account notification settings before using MonkMed Concierge or any features utilizing reminders.
You understand and agree that we are not responsible for the data bandwidth, signal strength, or Internet or data connectivity of your mobile device or computer.
You agree to refrain from abusive language or engaging in inappropriate behavior when with physicians during a consult and agree that a physician may terminate a consult at any time should inappropriate behavior or language be used or if in the physician’s sole judgment the consult is no longer appropriate or productive.
You agree to refrain from excessive or inappropriate use of MonkMed , including but not limited to multiple consults for the same issue without a valid medical reason, attempts to obtain prescriptions unavailable through MonkMed or not previously prescribed to you in a prior MonkMed consult for the same issue, or any other behavior deemed by a MonkMed doctor to be excessive or inappropriate.
You agree to refrain from contacting or seeking to contact the physician for telemedicine care outside of the platform. This protects both patients and physicians and to ensure clinical care is delivered in a reliable, continuous and controlled platform. MonkMed is not responsible for any interactions with physicians not conducted on the MonkMed platform.
You represent and warrant to us that, to the extent you enter “protected health information” for a third person, you are legally authorized to do so on behalf of such third person, and such third person has validly consented to your inputting of, and your review of, “protected health information” of such third person on MonkMed Premium Services and via the MonkMed website
Consequently, you understand that you have all the following rights with respect to Virtual Consults:
Free Choice. I have the right to withhold or withdraw my consent to Virtual Consults at any time without affecting my right to future care or treatment.
Access to Information. I have the right to inspect all medical information transmitted during a Virtual Consult and may receive copies of this information for a reasonable fee.
Confidentiality. I understand that the laws that protect the confidentiality of medical information apply to Virtual Consults, and that no information or images from such interaction which identify me will be disclosed to other entities without my consent.
Risks. I understand that there are risks from Virtual Consults, including the following: 1) Loss of records from failure of electronic equipment, 2) power or other technical failures with loss of communication, and 3) invasion of electronic records by outsiders (hackers). Finally, I understand that it is impossible to list every possible risk, that my condition may not be cured or improved, and in rare cases, may get worse.
Benefits. I understand that I can expect the following benefits from Virtual Consults, but that no results can be guaranteed or assured: (i) reduced visit time, (ii) rapid innovation of treatments, and (iii) focused information.
I agree to consult with my primary care physician or specialist in person for follow-up treatment, and/or seek treatment, if necessary at a local hospital emergency department, in the event that the diagnosis or treatment provided via the virtual consult using MonkMed does not resolve the medical issue for which the consultation was sought.
I understand that, by consenting to live virtual consults performed by video or audio or asynchronous inbox consults, my physician may communicate medical information concerning me to physicians and other health care practitioners located in other parts of the state/jurisdiction or outside the state/jurisdiction.
Quality Assurance. I understand that records related to these consults may be reviewed under a MonkMed quality assurance program. Records of MonkMed Quality Assurance Committee records subject to confidentiality.
Privacy Statement. You agree to MonkMed's Privacy Statement, the terms of which are incorporated herein by reference.
True and Accurate Information. You agree that that all information you provide on MonkMed relates to you and is current, complete, and accurate. Additionally, you agree to update and maintain such information on MonkMed to ensure that it is true, accurate, current and complete at all times.
Payment. You agree to pay all fees or charges to your account in accordance with the fees, charges, and billing terms in effect at the time a fee or charge is due and payable. You authorize MonkMed to immediately invoice your credit card or other payment account provided for all fees and charges due and payable and agree that no additional notice or consent is required. MonkMed's fees are net of any applicable sales tax and if any services or payments for any goods or services are subject to sales tax in any jurisdiction. You will be responsible for payment of such sales tax and any related penalties or interest and will indemnify MonkMed for any liability or expense incurred in connection with such sales taxes (including any use tax and any other tax measured by sales proceeds that MonkMed is permitted to pass to you) and MonkMed may automatically charge and withhold such taxes for services to be delivered within any jurisdictions that it deems is required. Unless otherwise agreed to by MonkMed in writing, all fees paid are non-refundable. Your credit card information and other financial data needed to process your payment are collected and stored by third party payment processors, and we may collect some limited information. The use of your data by any such third party payment processors is subject to their privacy policies. These third parties generally provide us with some limited information (such as a unique token that enables you to make additional purchases using the information they’ve stored, and your card’s type, expiration date, and last four digits). MonkMed reserves the right, without notice, to modify, change, terminate, or suspend service for a subscription plan you are on if, for any reason, payment for such plan is not made or cannot be processed on the due date. This right to modify a subscription plan includes, but is not limited to, the right to change a subscription plan type (for example, from a fixed fee plan without consult co-pays to a lower priced fixed-fee plan with consult co-pays). You may adjust your subscription settings at any time (where applicable, by paying any amounts due).
Emergency Help. You will agree to seek emergency help when needed or as recommended by doctors on MonkMed and you agree continue to consult with your primary care doctor or specialist as recommended by your primary care doctor or specialist or the doctors on MonkMed