Valentine's Day is a great time to celebrate love. This Valentine’s Day make healthy choices, and indulge yourself or your loved one with a gift of good health-
· Treat yourself and your loved one by eating healthy. Nutrition plays an important role in maintaining overall health. Cook a healthy meal at home or if you choose to celebrate in a restaurant order for nutritious food that is low in saturated fat, trans fat and salt. Limit your intake of sweets.
· Plan an outdoor activity together, go for a brisk walk, or plan a workout session together. Take a dance class together that would double as a workout session. Exercising regularly can help control your weight, reduce your risk of heart attack, improve mental health, and increase your chance of living longer.
· Take a local cooking class together. You will not only learn to cook healthy food, but will also get to spend time together as a couple.
· Gift a gym membership / diet consultation, book on nutrition / workout or workout clothes / accessories / equipments. This could help motivate your loved one to accomplish their health and wellness goals.
· Go for a couple spa or Ayurvedic massage. It will not only help you to relax, but will also improve your blood circulation.
· Meditate with your partner. Couple meditation is a simple way to relax together and develop a loving and lasting relationship.
· Do a couple health check-up. This could help identify potential health problems and detect infectious diseases, such as hepatitis B infection, HIV, hepatitis C and other sexually transmitted diseases.
· Quit smoking or help a loved one quit smoking. Smoking is the leading cause of premature death. Give up smoking to improve your heart health.
· Avoid alcohol - Excessive alcohol intake is detrimental for your health. If you do choose to drink, do so in moderation. Drinking alcohol and using drugs have also been associated with a greater likelihood of sexual violence or intimate partner violence.